BUSINESS SETUP SERVICES
- Advising on the appropriate business entity
- Registration of companies and business names, partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and Companies Limited by Guarantee,
- Advising on and obtaining business licenses, permits from various regulator and Government agencies and departments
- Advising shareholders on company structuring and how to structure their personal shareholding.
- Advising on share transfers.
- Drafting and reviewing shareholders’ agreements and partnership agreements.
- Setting up group company structures (holding and operating companies).
- Providing Nominee Director and shareholder services.
- Advising on Share option schemes and employee incentives.
- Advising on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, tax, employee benefits, and other corporate transactional areas.
Compliance, Company Secretarial & Licensing
- Advising on corporate law and governance compliance issues.
- Advising and assisting in applications for various business licenses and approvals from the Government, County Councils and parastatals.
- Preparation and issuance of notices for board and shareholder meetings.
- Preparing and filing statutory returns with the Registrar of Companies.
- Maintaining correct records of the company secretarial file and where required confirming the correctness of records maintained with the Registrar of Companies.
- Advising the Board on and effecting any required changes in the directorship, shareholding structure, change of registered office and change of company name.
- Maintaining of the Company’s statutory books including the Register of Members, Register of Charges and Debentures, Minute Books and Share Certificates Register.
- Providing general guidance to the Board with respect to company secretarial matters.
- Management of Board affairs
- Guiding the Board on the technical application of the Companies Act 2015 and the application of the company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association. This shall also include guidance on compliance with any rules and regulations set out under the Act or by the Registrar of Companies from time to time