Commercial law is indispensable in everyday business activities. Therefore, corporates deal with a myriad of relationships and contracts that bind them to their suppliers, customers, franchisors, licensors, distributors and other critical business partners. Invariably, a successful commercial contract allows the parties thereof to align their business interests and generate a long-term value for all parties to the transaction.
We helps structure these relationships and guide clients through the complexities to ensure their contracts provide the necessary framework for success. Our standard templates accessible from the legal documents portal are carefully drafted by highly specialized and experienced advocates.
We appreciate that a number of technical, legal, regulatory, financial, commercial, or operational issues hampers good commercial transactions. It is therefore critical that the client has a commercially aware legal team that is experienced and focused on resolving those issues to help drive the proposed transaction to fruition.
We draft and review a wide range of contracts and provide advisory on various commercial issues including but not limited to:
Fill out the form below and a NetSheria team member will be in touch shortly!
- distribution, franchising and agency agreements;
- sale of business agreements;
- investment agreements;
- share subscription agreements;
- share purchase agreements;
- deeds of settlement;
- hire purchase agreements;
- architectural service agreements;
- motor vehicle purchase agreements;
- deeds of assignment and novation;
- consortium agreements;
- catering services agreements;
- confidentiality agreements;
- joint venture agreements;
- sourcing and procurement contracts;
- e-commerce, digital and business transformation;
- maintenance services contracts;
- manufacturing and fabrication agreements;
- research and development (R&D) collaborations; and
- consultancy services agreements.
The commercial documents are accessible on our legal documents portal.
If you require assistance in drafting or reviewing your contracts or legal advisory in respect of your commercial issues, please contact us and we shall assist accordingly.
Important Things to know about Commercial Contracts
- Commercially Sound and Viable Contracts: A contract is an agreement made between one or more parties setting out the matters agreed on by the parties. Contracts are indispensable in everyday business activities. It is therefore important to ensure that you have commercially sound and viable agreements to regulate your business relationships in order to enhance the success of your business.Standard Contracts/ Master Agreements: Where you are running a business that requires similar types of contracts, it is commercially sound to have standard contracts/master agreements that applies to your contracts portfolio for instance you can have a standard contract for suppliers. Netsheria offers standard agreements for the various sectors.
Contract Validity: It is important to ensure that the contract is legally valid. A contract is valid where there is an offer, acceptance, intention to be legally bound and consideration. The parties also need to have the capacity to enter into the contract for instance a minor cannot enter into a contract. Netsheria offers commercial contracts that have been drafted by legal experts and have taken into considerations all factors to ensure that the contracts are valid.
Stamp Duty: Once your contract has been signed by both parties, it is important to have it stamped by the Collector of Stamp Duty to make the contract admissible in court as evidence.
Authorization: If the parties to the contract are legal persons i.e companies or limited liability partnerships, it is important to ensure that the parties that have signed the contracts on behalf of the legal persons are the authorized signatories.