Our team of startup advocates specialise in startup business investments and investments in early stage companies. We are pragmatic, will take action quickly and we are well used to solving (and not creating) problems. As well as advising on funding, we can also help during these uncertain times to coordinate responses to these wider pressing questions on commercials or employment.
We provide advisory services and support in the incorporation and registration of various corporate entities for startups including:
- private limited liability companies – which is a company whose membership is limited to fifty (50), whose members are restricted from transferring their shares and prohibits invitations to the public for share subscriptions;
- public company – is a company where the public can subscribe to its shares and members are not restricted from transferring their shares;
- company limited by guarantee– which is a company that does not have a share capital and the liability of its members is limited to their contributions to the company; and
- Limited liability partnerships which combine the elements of a partnership and a body corporate.
- After registration, we also provide support services to startups in:Applying for a PIN Certificate for the company from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), which will be required for purposes of opening a bank account and other transactions with the government including filing of tax returns in Kenya;Applying for registration for various tax obligations remitted to KRA including income tax, Value Added Tax (VAT), withholding tax, digital services tax, the deduction of PAYE from employees’ emoluments and the filing of NHIF and NSSF returns, if applicable;